Hey everyone! I thought I would post a red alert to the fact that Addy Bassin’s MacArthur Beverages on MacArthur Boulevard in Washington, DC has a few amazing bottles that I have never seen here in town, especially here in DC! All unreasonably priced…. too low! It pained me to walk out of there with zero of these unbelievable gems.
|Actual photo @ 7:10pm 10/5/2010|
In order of rarity and amazing deal:
- PC6 – $113. Two bottles in stock.
- Octomore 2nd Edition – $126. Two bottles in stock.
- PC7 – $91. One bottle in stock. I paid $150 for this one and had to have it shipped through New York City. Needless to say, I was pretty shocked/pissed/dumbfounded!
- Ardbeg Corryvreckan – I can see a few bottles on the shelf. I’m sure it is under $100 if I know Bassin’s. This one pops its head up locally now and then, but it usually is not on the same shelf for very long.
- Ardbeg Supernova 2010 Edition – Several bottles. They have been rotating their stock really well since my friends and I wiped out their entire stock a couple of months ago! If my experience has taught me anything, I feel that this one is going to be a new mainstay for the foreseeable future in the Ardbeg line-up along with…
- Ardbeg Uigeadail – Several bottles. Last time I saw a price on this one, it was $69.99. That is the most sick price I’ve ever seen for this bottle which you normally can’t be found for less than $90. I believe that this one will also be around for years to come, but you won’t find this one at your local VABC or Montgomery County liquor store! And definitely not at this price.
View Larger Map
Yeah, I know. Those last few sentences sounded like an advertisement. I assure you that I am only looking out for your scotch well-being. I get no commission for this one.
UPDATE 10/6/2010 1:55PM
The one PC7 and one of the PC6s in stock are now gone.